Select Motors NE Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customersand will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with ourobligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Select Motors NE Ltd
Registered in England under company number : 10327541
Registered address : Unit 2, Windsor House, Brunswick Industrial Estate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 7BA
Data Protection Officer : John Sadiq
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number : 0191 4862354
Postal Address : Unit 2, Windsor House, Brunswick Industrial Estate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 7BA
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how weuse your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that weuse is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
a) The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact usto find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
b) The right to access the personal data wehold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact ususing the details in Part 11 to find out more.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask usto delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that wehave. Please contact ususing the details in Part 11 to find out more.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to ususing your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to usdirectly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask usfor a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. Part 6 explains more about how weuse your personal data, including automated decision-making.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which wewill always work to uphold:
For more information about ouruse of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact ususing the details provided in Part 11. 2
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about ouruse of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us
• Name; Date of birth; Gender; Address; Email address; Telephone number; Business name;Job title; Profession;
• Financial details E.g. salary and details of other income and bank account details.
• Information from credit reference or fraud prevention agencies, electoral roll, court records of debt judgements and bankruptcies and other publicly available sources as well as information on any financial associates you may have;
• Information about your preferences and interests;
Your personal data is obtained from the following third parties
Autotrader, ebay, facebook, website enquiries and some financial institutions. We will receive details of your name, address, contact number and email
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, wemust always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for ourperformance of a contract with you, because you have consented to ouruse of your personal data, or because it is in ourlegitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
• Supplying ourproducts and/or services to you. Your personal details are required in order for usto enter into a contract with you.
• Personalising and tailoring ourproducts and/or services for you.
• Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
• As necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of other persons and organisations e.g. for good governance, accounting, and managing and auditing our business operations, to search at credit reference agencies;
• As necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com of via post at the
Trading Address : Select Motors NE Ltd, Tyneside Autoparc, Sandy Lane, Gosforth, NE3 5HE
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, wemay also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.Wewill always work to fully protect your rights and comply with ourobligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Weuse the following automated system[s] for carrying out certain kinds of decision-making and/or profiling. If at any point you wish to query any action that wetake on the basis of this or wish to request ‘human intervention’ (i.e. have someone review the action themselves, rather than relying only on the automated method), the GDPR gives you the right to do so. Please contact usto find out more using the details in Part 11.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
• Retention in case of queries. We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries (e.g. if you do not proceed with our product/service)
• Retention on case of claims. We will retain your personal data for as long as you might legally bring claims against us.
• Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will retain your personal data after our service has ceased to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply products and/or services to you on our behalf, These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that wehold.
• Subcontractors and other persons who help us provide our products and services;
• Companies and other persons providing services to us;
• Our legal and other professional advisors;
• Fraud prevention agencies and credit reference agencies;
• Government bodies e.g. HM Revenue and Customs
• Courts to comply with legal requirements
• When we restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organisation;
• Payments systems e.g. Visa or Mastercard
• Anyone else where we have your consent or where it is required by law.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, wewill take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights,our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data wehave about you, you can ask usfor details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell useverything weneed to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover ouradministrative costs in responding.
Wewill respond to your subject access request within 28 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, weaim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of ourprogress.
11. How Do I Contact You?
To contact usabout anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
For the attention of : John Sadiq
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Select Motors NE Ltd.Unit 2, Windsor House, Brunswick Industrial Estate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 7BA
12.Changes to this Privacy Notice
Wemay change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if wechange ourbusiness in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available direct from ourselves.